Thursday, October 27, 2011

Felt Project, A Late Night Affair

A few nights ago, I couldn't sleep again. This happens when there isn't much to look forward to in the morning. So I thought to myself, I might as well start the felt project I was planning on working on in the morning. I started at 1 a.m. and by 6 a.m. it was done!

I'm not sure what to call the outcome, but I wanted something that could keep my cell phone, keys, and ID cards from getting lost in my "beach bag" when I go swimming. Inspired by the Picnic Caddy, I made a Beach Caddy (Snowy Bliss is quite an inspiring blog as you can see). I chose Felt, because I accidentally found it in a shop while looking for other things. I still haven't quite figured out where everything is here.

Anyways, here it is, with step by step progress images:



Two Colors of Felt, Same Width But Different Lengths 
Some Pretty Lace, Buttons, and Embroidery Thread
Cut The Shorter Felt In Half, Sew The Lace On One Side
Sew Lace On The Longer Felt In a V Shape As Above, Leave Extra Lace Uncut and Stitch The Buttons In A Line
Attach The Smaller Felt On Reverse Side, Use Blanket Stitch Along The Sides Of The Yellow Felt
 And Voila! This is the final outcome. I was surprised how quickly I remembered the blanket stitches. It was like I had never stopped stitching!

 

I could think of so many variations to this caddy, for the iPod, iPad, as a cute cover for a diary, etc. It is all for you to decide. It can be a creative as you want it to be.

Until next time, keep the creative juices flowing!

No comments:

Post a Comment