It's been a while since a last posted anything, and that's because I have been busy with some very exciting things that I will post about soon! Today's post has been sitting in my Drafts' folder since October (yes I know! So long!) and I am finally posting it:
I have been spending some time on Pinterest lately and loving it! So I have decided to try some of the projects that I have pinned.
The first project I decided to try is this glittery candle:
It's quite simple. All you need is the following:
- A plain block candle - any color of your choice
- Double-sided tape
- Craft glitter
- A brush to wipe away the excess glitter
- A box or piece of paper to hold the excess glitter to re-use
As you have probably guessed from the required items, this is what to do:
- First and most important thing - cover your surface! it makes cleaning up so much easier! Glitter has a bad habit of going everywhere.
- Decide how you want the design to be: vertical lines, or horizontal lines?
- Start by sticking the double-sided tape on the candle one by one. Once you are happy with the positioning of the tapes, peel the other backing of the tape off.
- Go ahead and slowly sprinkle the glitter on the tape. Make sure you cover the surface on the tape completely. I held the candles over a box to hold in the extra glitter.
- Very carefully brush away the excess glitter into the box.
I hope you like these, I got a lot of compliments from family and friends on them as well.